Every minute of every day, someone needs blood. That blood can only come from a volunteer donor, a person like you who makes the choice to donate. There is no substitute for your donation.
Please join us in our mission to maintain a safe and stable blood supply by making your appointment to donate blood today.
Ssast.in is an online edge for bringing mutually giving blood donors and patients who needs blood in India.
You can go to the nearest government approved blood center, which is based on voluntary non/remunerated blood donation and make your significant contribution to saving life of a patient by donating blood. Thanks ? We value your contribution.
Blood Donation: Eligibility to Donate Blood Blood donation is considered to be a life-saving act. There are so many people in India who want to donate blood but they are unable to do so due to fears and apprehensions or they keep waiting for the right opportunity.
Many people hesitate to donate blood due to myths or mistaken beliefs relating to blood donation. However, blood donation is a safe and simple process. It takes maximum 10 to 15 minutes for completion of the whole process. If you begin donating blood at the age of 18 and you donate after every three months, you can probably save 500 lives.
Any healthy adult can be a blood donor. For males, it is safe to donate after every three months and for females, it is safe to donate after every four months. The donor should be in a good state of health.
Given beow are few eligibility criteria a person must satisfy to donate blood:
- Age should be between 18 and 60 years.
- Minimum hemoglobin count should be 12.5gm.
- Pulse rate should be between 50 and 100 per minute, without any irregularities.
- Blood pressure should be, Diastolic 50 to 100 mm Hg and Systolic 100 to 180 mm Hg.
- Body temperature should be normal and oral temperature should not exceed 37.5 degree Celsius.
- The person should weigh 45kg or above.
Blood Donation: Who Are Not Eligible to Donate Blood? Blood donation is not recommended if you have any or some of the following conditions:
- If you have undergone any treatment for rabies or received Hepatitis B immune globulin within the past one year.
- If you have donated blood or have been treated for malaria within the last three months.
- If you have undergone any immunization within the past one month.
- If you have consumed alcohol within the last 24 hours.
- If you have undergone any dental work or taken aspirin within last the 72 hours.
- If you are HIV+.